Friday, June 3, 2011

Introduction: Revision Piece

During the tradition Unit we had a DB post which gave us many assumptions about pop culture and we had to either affirm or challenge 1 of those assumptions based on a selected reading. When I first responded to this DB I just really blabbered on about how pop culture is and how it affects me personally without even acknowledging any of the assumptions. At the end of this brief response I said “Like with the 70's we seem to think about hippies, long blonde hair on guys, and funk music. I believe in the future the pop culture will reflect what is current with that time. If we decide to go green and find alternative fuel sources, we might have a green pop culture in which everybody decides to be on the green side and I believe the music and the fashion will reflect it eventually.” Although it seems okay I just didn’t put enough actual effort into it to talk about the assumption of pop culture being the reflection of what is current in our society. In my revision I actually referred to a reading as instructed by the prompt and I elaborated on what I meant with the assumption being reaffirmed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment